Head Chef - Main Kitchen (French Fine Dining)
|Date:||11 Aug 2018|
|Salary:||USD1,000 - USD1,300|
This project is by a top hospitality company in Persian Gulf Region.
They are looking a professional HEAD CHEF for their expansion.
- French cuisine
- The SBU will offer breakfast / brunch / lunch / dinner, developed from a luxury French bakery perspective. - A retail section (selling macaroons/pastries/chocolates), with a large gifting menu.
- Will seat 170 guests
Manage the food direction of the Brand in line with the strategy agreed by the management team.
Source ingredients and products for the Brand which are suitable for all SBU needs and are business viable.
Develop recipes for main and promotional menus in accordance with quarterly business calendar and within expected timescales set by the management team.
Manage the recipe bank, ensuring all recipes are current and accurate. Distribute recipes to SBU(s) as required.
Ensure all recipe training documents are produced to the Brand standard and are accurate.
Develop and implement operationally efficient systems for the Brand that can be implemented in all local and international units.
Monitor food standards to ensure consistency of food in all SBU is in line with Brand standards.
Conduct regular operational audits including line checks, and hygiene checks.
To monitor the stock control and storage procedures within SBUs and Department.
Manage supplier relationships; monitor and forecast international orders.
Ensure all equipment is working to the standard required by the business, and if issues are found that they are reported and actioned.
Ensure competitor analysis is carried out on a regular basis for the local market.
Any SBU(s) found not maintaining Brand / Company standards should be reported to the management team with clear communication given regarding the remedial action plan.
Provide input on future kitchen equipment needs and possess current knowledge of the local and international operational equipment market.
Ensure thorough checks of the kitchen(s) / stores areas are conducted. Any areas found not to Brand / Company standard must be reported, with immediate action being taken to rectify any issues.
Assist in the approval of any works quoted by the Maintenance teams.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Head Chef / Brand Chef role with particular focus on brand-relevant cuisine.
- Menu development experience is essential.
- Experience managing relationships between suppliers locally and internationally.
- Is required to set the example of skills needed for the Brand.
- Is a role model to all staff and is able to assist in training of employees within the business.
- Clear communication skills must be evident, with a demonstrated ability to manage, develop, inspire and motivate team members.
- Must demonstrate a high standard of oral and written communication with senior management teams.
- Microsoft Office Suite - Intermediate